Our business has been built on trust between our customers and ourselves. To preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, we maintain the following privacy principles:
- We only collect personal information that we believe to be relevant and required to understand your financial needs and to conduct our business.
- We may use, transfer and disclose personal information in connection with purposes set out in the Notice Relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Notice”) below (the “Purposes”).
- We may pass personal information to other HSBC Group companies or agents or other recipients set out in the Notice, as necessary and appropriate for the Purposes.
- We will not disclose personal information to anyone unless we have your consent or are required by law or public duty or have previously informed you or have legitimate business purposes that require disclosure.
- We may be required from time to time to disclose personal information to Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under proper authority.
- We aim to keep personal information on our records accurate and up-to-date.
- We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access to personal information by anyone, including our staff.
- All HSBC Group companies, all our staff and all third parties with permitted access to personal information are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we at HSBC will ensure that we respect the inherent trust that you place in us.