- No subscription charge
- If the Underlying Stock is to be delivered on the Settlement Date, the following charges will apply:
- Stamp duty of 0.1 per cent of the transaction amount of the Underlying Stock deliverable at the value of the Closing Price (rounded up to the nearest dollar) on the Valuation Date.
- Deposit transaction charge of HKD5 per board lot of the Underlying Stock deposited into your investment services/securities account, subject to a minimum charge of HKD30 and a maximum charge of HKD200.
- For other securities services, the standard securities charges, as advised by the Bank upon account opening or as notified by the Bank from time to time with reasonable prior notice before revisions, apply. If you have any questions, please contact our staff at any of our HSBC Business Centres in Hong Kong.
Features and benefits
- A non-principal protected, unlisted, short to medium term investment tool.
- Chance to purchase the Underlying Stock at your target price.
- Choice of tenors, Underlying Stocks and exercise prices to suit your investment view, risk appetite and return requirement.
Equity-linked Investments is not traded on any markets operated by Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited or any other stock exchanges.
The Equity Linked Investments are not principal protected. Investment in ELIs involves risks. The net return in relation to an ELI will depend upon stock market conditions prevailing on the Valuation Date. Fluctuations in stock prices can be substantial and you must be prepared to receive the Physical Settlement Amount or the relevant quantity of the Underlying Stock (if you have elected, or are deemed to have elected, to receive shares), whichever is applicable, or you may suffer a total loss of the capital invested in the ELI. Changes in the market prices of the Underlying Stock may not lead to corresponding changes in the market value of the ELI. You should consider whether or how much of your investment portfolio should comprise ELIs based on your own risk appetite, investment experience and investment objectives. If you have any concerns about this product, or are uncertain about the suitability of asset allocation in your investment portfolio, you should consult your professional financial advisor. You should also refer to the Offering Circular, any addendum to the Offering Circular, the latest publicly available Annual Report and Unaudited Interim Financial Results of the Issuer and the applicable Term Sheet for further details on the ELIs and the risks involved before deciding whether to invest in the ELIs. This website does not constitute an offer or an invitation to purchase or to induce an offer by any person to purchase or acquire or invest in the ELIs. HSBC takes responsibility as to the issue and contents of this website.
You should carefully consider whether any investment products or services mentioned herein are appropriate for you in view of your investment experience, objectives, financial resources and circumstances.
Equity-linked Investments are NOT equivalent to time deposits. Equity-linked Investments are NOT protected deposits and are NOT protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
Equity-linked Investments are structured product involving derivatives. The investment decision is yours but you should not invest in Structured Investment Deposits unless the intermediary who sells it to you has explained to you that the product is suitable for you having regard to your financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives.
Investment involves risks. Past performance of investment products are no guide to future performance. The value of investments and the income from them can fluctuate and is not guaranteed. Investors may not get back the amount they invest.
Investment returns not denominated in home currency are exposed to exchange rate fluctuations. Rates of exchange may cause the value of investments to go up or down.
Issuer's Risk – you rely on HSBC's creditworthiness. The product is subject to both the actual and perceived measures of the credit worthiness of HSBC and there is no assurance of protection against a default by HSBC in respect of its payment obligations. In the worst case scenario (e.g. insolvency of HSBC), the investor might not be able to recover the principal and/or any interest /coupon (if any) and the potential maximum loss could be 100 per cent of investment amount and interest/coupon received.
Get in touch to learn more about our banking solutions and how we can help you drive your business forward.