- Macro Outlook
- Currency movements
Weekly foreign exchange insights
- US debt ceiling debate could see some FX volatility over the near term
- Beyond this, data will be crucial to the outlook for the EUR and GBP, in our view
- Recent data may have challenged our medium-term bullishness on the EUR, but point to future GBP upside
More from our FX strategy team (video)
- This video is not intended to provide investment advice and does not constitute a solicitation for the making of any deposit or investment product.
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (the "Bank") neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of, and under no circumstances will the Bank be liable for any loss or damage caused by reliance on, any opinion, advice or statement made in this video.
- The opinions expressed are those of the featured speakers, and except where a speaker is specifically identified as a representative of the Bank, do not represent the Bank's views. The opinions are subject to change without notice and should not be construed as a recommendation of any individual holdings or currency.
Important Risk Warning:
- Investment involves risk, value of investment may move up or down, and may become valueless. The opinions expressed above may vary due to market factors and conditions without further notice. Past performance figures shown are not indicative of future performance. The information contained in this video has not been reviewed in the light of your personal financial circumstances. Reliance upon the information is at your sole discretion. You should carefully consider whether any investment products are appropriate in view of your investment experience, objectives, financial resources and relevant circumstances. The relevant product offering documents should be read for further details.
- The investment decision is yours but you should not invest in any products unless the intermediary who sells it to you has explained to you that the product is suitable for you having regard to your financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives
- This video has not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong or any regulatory authority in Hong Kong.
- Currency conversion risk - the value of your RMB deposit will be subject to the risk of exchange rate fluctuation. If you choose to convert your RMB deposit to other currencies at an exchange rate that is less favorable than that in which you made your original conversion to RMB, you may suffer loss in principal.