Having shipped the goods, your supplier presents the necessary documents, together with their instructions, to their bank. Their bank forwards the documents to your bank for payment. With a Documentary Collection against payment (D/P), import documents are released to you on payment. With a Documentary Collection against acceptance (D/A), the documents are released to you against your promise to pay.
Import & export
A simple alternative to Documentary Credits that gives you prompt access to goods.
Features and benefits
- A cost-effective and secure way to trade internationally
- Documentary Collection against Acceptance (D/A) enables you to receive goods before payment
- Eliminates the need for credit facilities if no bank finance is required on payment
- A simpler alternative to Documentary Credits (DCs)
- Manages payment risk for your supplier at minimal cost to you
- Gives you access to goods without delay
- Suppliers are paid as soon as your account is debited with no hidden interest or payment delays
How it works
Reminder: "To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay!"
Global Trade and Receivables Finance transactions may be subject to credit approval. Other restrictions, including specific country regulations, may apply. Foreign currency exchange rates may apply to certain trade transactions.
Get in touch to learn more about our banking solutions and how we can help you drive your business forward.