A DC is an undertaking by a bank to pay a supplier for goods or services within a prescribed time limit as long as clearly defined terms and conditions have been met.
Import & export
Import Documentary Credit
A payment method that reduces risk and strengthens your negotiating position.
Features and benefits
- Ensures a supplier has met your terms and conditions before you pay them
- Strengthens your negotiating position by offering a guaranteed payment
- Can be used to improve cash flow
- Protects you and your supplier's interests
- Can be used to increase the credit period a supplier is willing to give
- Documentary Credits (DCs) issued by HSBC will be widely accepted as payment assurance by suppliers and their banks
- Can be used in place of deposits and advances financed by import loans, overdrafts or your own cash reserves
How it works
Reminder: "To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay!"
Global Trade and Receivables Finance transactions may be subject to credit approval. Other restrictions, including specific country regulations, may apply. Foreign currency exchange rates may apply to certain trade transactions.
Call us on
+852 2748 8288
After language selection, press #, 4
Get in touch to learn more about our banking solutions and how we can help you drive your business forward.