Documents Required For Business Information Amendment – Corporate Trust
Please submit the latest certified true copies of the required documents as listed in the table:
Minutes of meeting, OR
- Deed of Variation, OR
Notification of change of Trustees issued by Companies Registry
- Copy of the identification document of all newly added trustee(s)
- Instruction letter signed by trustee listing the full name and identity document type and number of all beneficial owners with a vested interest not less than 10% of the trust property
- Deed of Variation
- Copy of the identification document of all newly added beneficial owner(s)
- Minutes of meeting, OR
Instruction letter, OR
- Certificate of Change of Name
- True copies certification can be provided by :
- A certified public accountant / lawyer / banker / notary public in a Financial Action Task Forces (FATF) member / comparable jurisdiction acceptable to HSBC; or
- Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries (HKICS) member; or
- HSBC branch officer.
- Recommended format: The certifier must sign and date the copy document (printing his/her name clearly in capitals underneath) and clearly indicate his/her position on it. The certifier must state that it is a true copy of the original (or words to similar effect) and the number of pages to be recorded.
- If original or certified documents are not in English or Chinese, an English translation of the same should be provided. Please note that we are not able to return any submitted documents.
- We may request you to provide further details and documents when necessary.
- For sample of the required documents, please refer to Sample of Documents Required (PDF, 1.17MB)
- If you have any questions, please contact us at (852) 2748 8238 from 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
- In relation to a corporation (if fulfils any of the following criteria) : means an individual who,
In relation to a trust (if fulfils any of the following criteria): means an individual who,
- owns or controls directly or indirectly, including through a trust or bearer shares holding, not less than 10% of the issued share capital of the corporation; or
- is directly or indirectly, entitled to exercise or control the exercise of not less than 10% of the voting rights at general meetings of the corporation; or
- exercises ultimate control over the management of corporation; or
- if the corporation is acting on behalf of another person, means the other person.
- is entitled to a vested interest in not less than 10% share of the capital of the trust property, whether the interest is in possession or in the remainder or reversion and whether it is defeasible or not; or
- the settler of the trust; or
- a protector or enforcer of the trust ; or
- an individual who has ultimate control over the trust.